Innovation & Design
Start-up Creation, Innovation & Design
How It Works
Innovation and ground breaking research that can truly solve some of our greatest problems are actually in no short supply. What prevents amazing science from becoming real world solutions is the inherently difficult transformation of research in academia into solutions that can be commercialized. These difficulties are attested by the fact only a handful of universities (literally) are responsible for 70% of patents. And an astounding 80% of spin-offs produced by universities fall short of an IPO or acquisition.
Our passion is to see innovation make an impact!
That’s why we help researchers and universities design products around their research that is tailored to solve problems in the most effective ways. We also help form founding teams around innovative inventions to create startups with viable business models with the of aim of creating a real-world impact through their respective inventions or research.
We help researchers and Universities by:
- Understanding the potential business model of innovative research.
- Evaluating market opportunities for innovative research and the feasibility of commercialization.
- Validating, business models around innovation.
- Engaging in Design thinking workshops and interviews to understand key stakeholders needs.
- Exploring the users’ perspective and Product development strategies.
- Prototyping, researching UX/UI and conducting interviews to extract insights from users and others interacting with your potential product.
- Training and coaching of founding teams.
Our multidisciplinary team of scientific, business and design experts are well suited to navigate this the challenges of academic innovation.